A little background for the non-country music audience (and don’t worry, there is no boot scootin’, John Deere tractors or dogs dying in this post) :
The CMA Music Festival (formerly known as Fan Fair) is a major country music festival held in June each year, presented by the Country Music Associate in Nashville, Tennessee.
Why is this at all interesting?
The CMA Music Festival successfully presented brands with the opportunity to connect with individual audience members. The following video provides an overview of how the CMA achieved over 700,000 consumer impressions through activities related to key audience demographics (namely families).
The ULTIMATE Country Music Fan Experience with the ULTIMATE Opportunity for Consumer Engagement!
- 65,000 fans in attendance
- 55, 000 visited the Exhibition Hall
- Bigger crowds in free areas with River Stage and Family Zones
- 56 hours of free concerts
- A focus on Sport, Fun and Family Zones with ‘fun and friendly activities’
- Overall, the festival generated 700,000 active consumer impressions through product samplings, dedicated registrations and brand impressions.
Corporate sponsors were able to benefit from an established community of country music brand evangelists through a series of activities and events tailored to engage the target consumer: families.